The University Of Sydney – Australia is offering scholarship opportunities to Interested applicants who are willing to pursue a degree program at the Institution.
The Sydney Scholars Award is valued at $6,000 and is tenable for one year of an undergraduate degree.
The QS World University Rankings ranked the university as one of the world’s top 25 universities for academic reputation, and top 4 in the world and first in Australia for graduate employability. It is one of the first universities in the world to admit students solely on academic merit, and opened their doors to women on the same basis as men.
Five Nobel and two Crafoord laureates have been affiliated with the university as graduates and faculty. The university has educated eight Australian prime ministers, including incumbent Anthony Albanese; two governors-general of Australia; thirteen premiers of New South Wales, including incumbent Dominic Perrottet; and 24 justices of the High Court of Australia, including four chief justices. The university has produced 110 Rhodes Scholars and 19 Gates Scholars.
The University of Sydney is a member of the Group of Eight, CEMS, the Association of Pacific Rim Universities and the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
Eligibility criteria for the Sydney Scholars Awards
1. Applicant must be a domestic student or an onshore international student who is due to complete or recently completed an Australian Year 12 qualification such as the HSC or an equivalent qualification such as the International Baccaulaureate
2. Applicants must have excellent results from previous educational programs
3. Applicants must be fluent in English Language
4. Applicants must have achieved an ATAR of 95 to 99.85 or equivalent
5. Applicants must apply in the year that you complete your secondary education (if you are offered a Sydney Scholars Award, you may defer it for up to two years).
Eligible Countries: International
Method of Application: Please read Sydney Scholars application information (pdf. 175KB) before commencing an application.
Complete the online application form and submit all supporting documents (including a personal statement).
Application Deadline: 30 September 2022