This Baobab Digital Innovation Scholarship program is part of EdPlus, a central enterprise unit for Arizona State University that focuses on the creation and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to boost student success and lower obstacles to academic success.
This traditional 2-year on-campus master’s program is totally immersive and focuses on developing EdTech specialists for Africa.
Scholars have the chance to work part-time with the Baobab team while classes are in session in order to obtain practical experience putting the strategic goals of the Baobab Platform into practice.
A global learning network with over 70,000 aspiring young African leaders will eventually be implemented as part of the Baobab Platform.
Between the first and second years, Scholars will get financial support to take part in a 2-month internship in Africa that is related to their course of study.
Benefits of Baobab Digital Innovation Scholarship
The Scholarship will cover the following:
- Costs incurred for visa application processing.
- Costs incurred for English language tests.
- Costs incurred for GRE or other equivalent exams.
- Airfare to and from Phoenix, Arizona.
- Full tuition, books and fees.
- Participation in Scholarship programming.
Requirements for Baobab Digital Innovation Scholarship
- Applicants must want to apply for one of the eligible programmes listed above.
- Applicants must qualify academically for admission to the degree of their choice, that includes a high level of English proficiency.
- Applicants must be a citizen of an African country.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 35 on or before the application deadline.
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service in their community.
- Applicants must present economically disadvantaged financial circumstances and be able to show a lack of financial means from family or other sources to pursue graduate education in their home country or elsewhere.
- Applicants must have earned an undergraduate degree with a required minimum 4 years of study.
- Applicants must not have started or completed other graduate degrees before August 2023.
9. Applicants must be able to live in Phoenix, Arizona for the duration of the programme.
Application Deadline: October 7, 2022.