If you are an international student Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship At University of Tokyo eking to pursue a degree program in Japan, here is good news; The Japanese Government is offering scholarship opportunities to International students who are looking at acquiring a degree program at the University of Tokyo – Japan.
The number of applicants to be nominated by the Graduate School of Science to the University of Tokyo, as well as the number to be subsequently nominated by the University of Tokyo to MEXT, shall be finalized after the application period has closed. In the last round (application for 2020 entrance) each Graduate School was allowed to nominate at most one applicant, and the University of Tokyo was allowed to nominate at most three applicants to MEXT.
Eligibility criteria for the Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship At University of Tokyo
- Applicants who have already graduated from their latest degree program should have a final grade point of 2.30 or higher, while current students should have a grade point of 2.30 or higher for their current courses, and both should be expected to maintain the same academic standards during the course of the scholarship program.
- Applicants must be international students with outstanding academic records who wish to enter Japan as a new student to study in the Master’s or Doctoral Program at the Graduate School of Science.
Eligible Countries: International
Type: Master, PhD
Value of Award:
- Traveling Costs
- School Fees
Duration of Award: For a recipient who will enroll in a Master’s Program or Doctoral Program, the scholarship will be payable for the standard period of time necessary for the recipient to complete his or her program (standard course term), starting from October 2023.
- Master’s Program = October, 2023 – September, 2025 (2years)
- Doctoral Program = October, 2023 – September, 2026 (3years)
- Extension of the Scholarship Period
Method of Application: Applicants must send in the required documents for MEXT Scholarship as well as complete their admission application for entering the Master’s/Doctoral Program, following the “Instruction for Graduate School Application for International Students”.
Application Deadline: October 28, 2022