Banga soup also known as ( *palmut soup* ) is a native delicacy of the south south region of Nigeria, this soup is know for it’s healthy benefits and delicious taste, this soup can be paired with rice, swallow, yam and can also be eaten alone as a main dish.
INGREDIENTS FOR BANGA SOUP
fresh palm nut
Crayfish ( blended)
Salt to taste
Fresh blended pepper
( *BANGA SPICES* )
You can get all the spices already blended together at the local markets.
* Wash the palm nuts to remove dirts, then transfer into a pot, add enough water and cook until the palm nuts are very soft.
* While the palm nuts is on fire, wash and season the goat meat alongside the stuck fish and dried fish with salt seasoning cubes, and onions then cook until the meat is tender.
* Once the palm nut is soft, transfer into a mortar and pound till the skin is separated from the nuts, then add in some warm water into the pounded palm nuts mash it together with your hand and extract the juice from the shafts then set the juice aside.
* Sieve the palm nut extract which is the major ingredients for the soup over and over again with a fine sieve so as to remove and particle and have a very refined extract.
* Transfer the palmut extract into the the pot with the goat meat, stuck fish and dry fish.
* Allow to boil for for about 10 to 15mins until the palmut extract is slightly reduced.
* Add about 3tbsp of a mixture of all the blended spices into the soup, add crayfish, pepper.
* Taste and see if there is a need to add more seasoning cubes or salt, if not cover the pot and cook until the soup thickens to your taste.
* Serve with starch, fufu or any swallow of your choice.
**HEALTH BENEFITS OF PALM NUT EXTRACT*
1: *ITS RICH IN VITAMIN A*
Another important benefit of palm kernel oil is that it is loaded with Vitamin A. This vitamin is required for proper vision. Vitamin A also prevents the occurrence of different eye disorders, like night blindness.
2: *ZERO TRANS – FAT*
This is another great benefit of palm kernel oil. This amazing oil does not contain any Trans-fat and is considered the ideal cooking oil for those looking to shed extra pounds.
3: *IT IS LOADED WITH ANTIOXIDANT*
With a sufficient amount of Vitamin E, rarely found tocotrienols and being loaded with anti-oxidants, palm kernel oil provides amazing anti-ageing benefits. It prevents the occurrence of wrinkles and fine lines. It is capable of providing protection against harmful UV rays and other toxins. Therefore, it is wise to include palm kernel oil in your diet. It will keep your skin healthy and youthful.
4: RICH IN VITAMIN K
Vitamin K is one of the most important fat-soluble vitamins that the body requires. It boosts bone health and also acts as a blood coagulant. Palm kernel oil contains high amounts of the vitamin and hence, is recommended for regular use.