Fisherman soup is a delicacy popular in the southern part of Nigeria.
FISHERMAN SOUP INGREDIENTS
(1) 1 whole Fresh fish
(2) 1/2 kg fresh sea crab
(3) 1/2 kg prawns
(4) Creyfish powder
(5) 2 large onions (diced)
(6) 3 fingers fresh okro
(7) Seasoning cubes to taste
(8) Salt to taste
(9) 1cup fresh palm oil
(10)Fresh red pepper ( to taste)
(11) 1/2 tbsp corn flour
1. Cut and wash the fish with hot water to remove the slimy skin.
2. Open up and wash the crab to remove dirts.
3. Devein and wash the the prawns then set aside.
4. Cut the okra into thin round shape like a full moon and set aside.
5. Add the crab first into the pot, add the fresh fish and season with part of the chopped onions, fresh blended pepper, seasoning cubes and salt to taste, add some water and then steam for about 5 minutes, then take out the fish so it doesn’t break.
6. Into another dry pot, add 1cup of palm oil
7. Allow the oil to get very hot but not bleached
8. Add the remaining chopped onions and fry for about 1 minute on a medium high heat, then add the crayfish and stir very fast then introduce the stuck water along side the crabs, prawns and fish that has been parboiled previously.
9. Add some more water if u don’t have enough stock, add more pepper, salt and seasoning cubes (if need be)
10. Desolve the corn flour in a small bowl and pour the mixture into the pot then stir gently.
Cook for about 10mins or till the soup is slightly reduced and thickened then lastly add your round cut okra into the pot then cover for extra 2 minutes.
The soup is ready to be served with any swallow of ur choice.
Follow @ChefClassic on Instagram, for other recipes and restaurant consultations.