Here are some good steps to take in order to prevent contacting Sexually transmitted diseases:
Go for medical check up
Before engaging in sex, ensure you and your new partner have no sexually transmitted diseases (STD).
Reduce Alcohol intake
Most risky behaviours are influenced by alcohol. Drugs and excessive alcohol intake should be avoided by all means.
Practice safe sex
Whenever you engage in sex, ensure you wear a condom. Also, avoid oral sex with a partner you are not sure of his/her medical history.
Limit the number of sexual partners
Practice monogamy. If you are sexually active, endeavor to have sex with only one partner over a period of time.
After sex, ensure you rinse immediately. This helps to get rid of infectious materials on the skin. For women, it prevents urinary tract infection.
Make use of a condom during every sexual act, this is the surest way to avoid contacting any sexually transmitted diseases.
1. Check the pack for expiry date.
2. Ensure the condom has not been punctured.
3. Wear the condom correctly, leave room at the tip of it.
4. Make use of condom-safe lubricants.
5. When withdrawing, slightly hold on to the condom so it does not slip off.
6. Dispose the condom, do not re-use.