With the rise of technology and its benefits, learning has become much easier to the extent that a degree can now be gotten online. This article is written to tell you institutions in America where you can get an online business degree without having to be physically present in a class building.
So many institutions offer online business degree in America but the big question you should ask yourself before paying for a course online is if the course you are about to buy has been accredited or if the institution has been accredited by the appropriate authorities. Therefore, this article gives you American institutions that have been accredited for online business degree.
There are three types of business degree you can pursue online:
• Bachelor’s degree: You can pursue a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Administration.
• Associate degree: The Associate of Science degree in Business Administration makes you learn the basics of some subjects like accounting, technology, marketing and human resources.
• Master’s degree: Here you can get a Masters of Science in management or Masters of business administration (MBA), you get to learn more about the international marketd and on leadership. Most online MBA degree takes about two years to be completed if you are attending full time.
Which American Universities Offer Online Business Degrees?
1. University of Michigan, Ross School of Business:
The University of Michigan-Ross offers undergraduate degree in business and also offers Master’s degree in business both as full time and part time. Before applying for the MBA, you must have the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from an accredited institutions, submit an unofficial copy of all your undergraduate and graduate transcripts but still ensure you have the original transcript because it will be needed after you have been admitted. To test your readiness, you have to take any of the following test: the GMAT, GRE, MCAT, LSAT, PCAT, or DAT and submit your score online. Write a resume that should not be longer than one page, an essay and the contact of a recommender. Pay your non-refundable $200 and prepare for an interview. Michigan Ross business school usually provides a full time, evening time, weekend, online, global and executive MBA program.
You can reach them at www.michiganross.umich.edu
2. University of Illinois Geis College of Business at Urbana-Champaign:
The minimum requirement is three years full time, bachelor’s degree with 3.0 or GPA on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent. The Masters of business administration(iMBA) runs for 2-3years. It has 72 credit hours and costs $23,000. The Masters of Science in Accountancy(iMSA) runs for 18-36 months. Applications for the online business degree in this school is still open as at the time of writing this article. Applications will end on September, 8th and online classes will begin on October.
You can get more information or apply here
3. University of Southern California (Marshall):
This school offers online degree in Masters of Business Administration, the school was given the award of the best online MBA program of 2022 by Poets & Quants. The USC (Marshall) is a private school that was launched in 2015 and it runs for 21 months. Before you apply, you need a professional resume, 4 years undergraduate degree or its equivalent from any accredited institution, transcripts, three letters of recommendation, one letter of recommendation from professional contacts, professional experience, GMAT or GRE score report, work experience which should have a minimum of two years, a minimum TOEFL is required and paper should be 90 same as internet. If you are going in for a full time, you are most likely to spend about 2 years but if you will be doing a part time then it could last for 4-5years. 51 credits are needed for you to graduate. The cost of the program for full time and part time in-state costs $108, 083, the cost is the same for full time and part time out-of-state.
You can apply or reach them at
4. University of California, Irvine:
The Paul Merage School of Business, University of California, Irvine runs a full time online MBA program for 21 months, that is approximately two years. It also has a business administration program for undergraduate and it runs on a quarter system. For you to graduate in the Paul Merage School of business, you need to have completed a minimum of 76 MBA units. Currently, applications for entry into this school are not available as the deadline has passed. You can contact them or learn more at www.merage.uci.edu
5. Indiana University of Bloomington, USA:
This school offers Bachelor of Science degree in business administration, Master of Business Administration, Business Analytics for undergraduate as well as Business Analytics for masters, business management and business foundations. For the Bachelor of Science Business Administration, 120 credits are required, the MBA degree needs 54 credits, Business Analytics for undergraduates need 12 credits while that of the Master of Science needs 30 credits.
You can contact them or apply at
6. University of Massachusetts, Amherst:
The UMass Amherst Isenberg School of Management offers degree program in Business Administration, the school admits students with a 3.0 GPA or a GPA higher than that. The application is on going and for you to apply, you need to upload a page or two pages of your personal statement and your resume, explain your educational goals and submit your transcript. The cost is $34,225-36,075, $925 per credit hour and they have 37-39 credit hours. GMAT/GRE waivers are available for those who qualify. You can apply at www.isernberg.umass.edu.online.bba
7. The California State University:
The school offers online Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration(BSBA), it takes about two years for you to complete your degree and it runs three semester per year. You can learn more at www.online.calstate.edu
8. Collat School of Business: The Collat School of Business at the University of Alabama, Birmingham runs a 1-2 year degree and you could apply for scholarships. The school runs an MBA program which engages students in a 36-hour curriculum. The UAB Collat School of Business is accredited at the baccalaureate and master’s level by AACSB International. You can also run a dual program in any of these DM/MBA, MD/MBA, MEng/MBA, MPH/MBA, MSHA/MBA, OD/MBA You can apply and learn more at
9. West Minster Colllege, Fulton Missuori:
The school offers an online Bachelor in Business Aministration degree. For you to graduate, you must complete the following courses before moving on to any 300- to 400-level courses in accounting, business administration, or economics:
Principles of Financial Accounting (ACC 215) and Principles of Managerial Accounting (ACC 216)
Principles of Macroeconomics (ECN 211) and Principles of Microeconomics (ECN 212)
Elementary Statistics (MAT114). You must also complete 53 credit hours of core courses, and 12 credit hours of elective choices. You can get them or apply at www.wcmo.edu.academics.programs
10. Florida Technology Business Degree: It is a private research university located on Florida’s sunny Space Coast. They offer Bachelor of Sscience degree in Business Administration Entrepreneurship, Global Management and Finance, Information Technology and other majors in Business Administration . You can get them or apply at www.fit.edu
11. Stanford Graduate School of Business:
The school offers an MBA program.You can reach them at www.gsb.stanford.edu
The cost of an online business degree differs, it depends on the type of degree you’re interested in pursuing, and the length of time it takes to complete each type will depend on if you’re going to do a part-time course or full-time course. Before applying for an online business degree, you need to put into consideration the following things:
1. Concentrations and coursework: The kind of business you would like to study, and the type of of coursework that will best prepare you to achieve your goals.
2. Network: Enquire about how courses will be taught and the opportunities you’ll have to network with your classmates, professional speakers, alumni and job opportunities. There are so many benefits attached to pursuing an online degree. It makes you concentrate and have time for other things you need to give your attention to such as your family, business and any other thing that needs your attention. It also saves you the stress of driving or hopping from one car to another just to attend physical class.
Online courses can also make people bond well especially those who are not so good in making friends physically. Another benefit of online classes is that they help you apply what you learn quickly and in real life situation. For instance, while you’re being taught how to run a business in your online business class, you could quickly start putting what you’re learning into your own business instead of waiting to do that when the classes are over. Aside this, it also makes you learn fast and ask questions in areas you don’t understand.
If you were taught a business principle in your online business class and after applying it on your business you got a negative result or something different from what you were expecting, you could use that experience to ask questions in your next class and get more understanding on what was being taught about in the previous class.